I just noticed something that I found pretty funny. The only way I ever go to my own blog is by going to Jason and Ruth's blog first, and then clicking on the link to mine. I guess I have just been to lazy to add it to my favorites. This last week was awesome, although it started out kind of scary. My car has been leaking coolant for a couple months now. Me being the procrastinator that I am I waited to fix it. So when my friend removed the hose that had the hole in it and we realized that putting a new one on was going to be a lot harder than taking the old one off I got scared that I might not be driving for awhile. But he was able to fix it monday night which was a huge relief. Tuesday morning Wyatt and I left for Leavitt meadows to go backpacking. It was a long drive up and we weren't too excited to start the hike in(He wasn't feeling too well.) It rained on us a little on the hike in, enough to keep us cool but not to get us soaked. We hiked up past roosevelt and lane and stopped right around where the trail comes back to the river. I'm guessing about 3 miles in. The mosquitos were everywhere. Wyatt caught a couple of fish that night in the river which we fried up. They were great. The next day we took a day hike up to Freemont. No fish, which was really dissapointing to Wyatt, but we hiked the peak on the other side of the lake that made the trip totally worth it. It was beautiful. It was also the only place we found refuge from the mosquitos We hiked out the next day and were blessed with some clouds which kept us cool. We drove back over monitor pass through markleville, Then went down 50 to palcerville and got on 49. We made to auburn in 3 1/2 hours which I thought was impressive given the drivers we had to follow. All in all it was a great week.
I'm jealous!
ReplyDelete