Monday, April 20, 2009

I never really know how to start a blog post. I mean, its not as if I'm having a conversation with someone. But since I have to start somewhere, here goes. I woke up from a nap today thinking that it was tomorrow. And because it was light outside and I heard kids talking in the kitchen I got really worried thinking I had slept in and missed my classes for that day. Wondering why my alarm hadn't gone off I looked at my clock which read around 4:30. This confused me even more until I realized what I had done. I had been asleep for at most 15 min, and I had already had a dream.
So other news. I got my first call back from a job posting that I responded to. Unfortunately the guy was looking for someone with a little more experience than I have, but I'm on his back-up list. I guess thats better than nothing. I was a very suprised to be talking with him and I probably didn't make a great impression, but live and learn right.
I have tried to get more involved in the singles branch down here. Last Saturday the elders quorum hosted a women's appreciation activity. I got to play a piano piece for them and accompany another guy who sang a song for them. It was fun. Then tonight for Family Night, I took a huge leap out of my comfort zone and sang karyoke. Not my greatest performance ever but at least I can say I did it.
School goes on, some classes being pointless as ever. I didn't bother to attend one of my classes at all last week. Its a silly class in which the instructor simply reads from her PP slides, that she conveniently posts online. We'll see if it will make a difference on the next test, which is this wednesday. I doubt it will since the tests are taken primarily from the text book.
Ending a blog post seems just as difficult as beginning one. So rather than just leaving it at that, just kidding, I'll leave it at that.

1 comment:

  1. Karaoke? Really Kip? I'm impressed regardless of how it turned out, I'd never do such a thing and I tend to believe I'm fairly comfortable in front of people.

    ReplyDelete