I believe that I'm about 1/2 way through the semester now. I'm scraping by. By scraping I mean doing as little as I can and still get semi decent grades. But I'm surviving. I have finally started to consistently attend the singles branch down here. 2 weeks in a row + activities and fhe. Yeah for me. There are a couple of guys that have really tried to include me, but other than that Me and my shy self find it hard to force myself into other peoples' social circles. I did get to sing in a mens choir this last sunday, "Brightly Beams our Father's Mercy." I thought we sounded pretty good. The whole choir is now practicing "This is The Christ," written by James E. Faust and composed by Tim's mission president. When I'm not looking for a job, and when I should be studying or something, I end up reading. I should say listening, because mostly its audio books. They come in very handy riding the train and walking to class. Recently I started reading books by Orson Scott Card. Great Books. I'm having fun with Ed and Sheila and their girls. I get to help with homework sometimes which is always a treat, especially with Emma. Its always too hard. Well I think I'll wrap things up here. Hopefully I'll go home this weekend and see Mom and Dad.
Good job, Kip. Keep up the good blogging:)!
ReplyDeleteI really like both of those hymns, we sang them both under President Moody's direction in Haiti. I gotta say that French doesn't seem like a language built singing. If it makes you feel any better I have a really hard time breaking into new social circles.
ReplyDelete